- What is online facilitation?
- What skills do you need as an online facilitator?
Skills in engaging participants
People skills and strategies for encouraging all participants to become involved
Content knowledge and the skills to deliver it effectively
Supporting all ideas
Having the ability to "gently guide"
- How does a facilitator build an online community or network?
Wanting to share your knowledge, skills.....
Enthusiasm for your topic
- What are the key things to remember when facilitating an event, meeting or education course, especially when working with people who are new to online technology?
Having practice runs with participants who aren't so confident
Knowing and sharing the fact that technology does go wrong!
Allow time for everyone's voice
Allow time at the beginning to sort out "techy issues"
Time at the beginning for participants to introduce themselves, give them previous "warning" about this so they can be prepared.
- What is the difference between teaching and facilitation?
- What is netiquette?